The Grade Tracker can be configured to use ALPS value added data and its reports. There are three main areas where ALPS can be used with the Grade Tracker:
- To calculate BTEC and ALevel target grades using average GCSE scores.
- To calculate weighted target grades based from the coefficients produced in ALPS reports:
- Each subject area is given an ALPS 'Temperature' and coefficient.
- Using the previous year's data a qualification can be associated with last years ALPS temperatures, coefficients and national percentile ranges.
- Selecting a target percentile, or ALPS temperature, the corresponding coefficient can be used to calculate a weighted target grade.
- To calculate current ALPS temperatures for assessment grades and predicted grades.
- Take the attained grade and converting to UCAS points.
- Using previous years data and ALPS temperatures and coefficients calculate the current coefficient using current attained grade and target grade. Produce an ALPS temperature.
Alps temperatures can be used with:
- Attained Grades and Predicted Grades.
- Single student grades.
- Single subject grades.
- Overall subject grades.